I think you’ll agree with me when I say:
A good kitchen equipment, like a pressure cooker make our life much easier.
Well, there is only ONE problem. Finding that “The Best” cooker for the money isn’t an easy job.
That is why I have created a list of the Best Electric Pressure Cookers 2016. After researching online and spending hours in testing these pressure cookers, I have shortlisted the top 5 cookers which you can buy right now.
Best Electric Pressure Cookers 2016
Surely, these cookers are not for everyone as some of them carry a hefty price-tag.
With that said, one thing can be said for sure, these pressure cookers are good enough to make it to our list of the top 5 electric pressure cookers 2016.
Recommended reading: 12 Reasons to Get an Electric Pressure Cooker
|Name of the Product||Weight||Size||Material|
|Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1|
|15.8 pounds||6 Quart||Stainless Steel|
|PPC Power Pressure Cooker||12.7 pounds||6 Quart||Stainless Steel|
|Secura 6-in-1 Programmable||14.7 pounds||6 Quart||18/10 Steel|
|Elite EPC-1013 Platinum||15.8 pounds||6 Quart||Stainless Steel|
|Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ 6-Quart||14.2 pounds||6 Quart||Stainless Steel|
1. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 – Best pressure cooker to buy in 2016This pressure cooker is designed using 3rd generation technology.Therefore, it can be used for numerous purposes including as a steamer, porridge maker, slow cooker, yogurt maker and a warmer.
- Dual settings for both flexible and fast cooking
- 14 Built-in micro-processor controlled programs for cooking various foods like soup/stew, meat, beans, chili, rice, porridge,and fermented rice
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker
- ULC & ULC certified with ten safety mechanisms
- 3-ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot
2. PPC Power Pressure CookerThis pressure cooker prepares the family’s favorite meals in as much as 70% faster. It is designed with the latest technologies that lock in both the nutrients and the flavor.
Therefore, the meals are much healthier and tastier. Any one can use this cooker because it has 1-touch preset buttons that make it easy to operate. It also has the capacity to hold a 6 quartz.
- Designed with flavor infusion technology
- Digital display panel
- Safe lock lid with manual steam release
- Stainless steel housing
Overall the PPC Power Pressure Cooker does a good job for the price and I’m sure it will surely be one of your favorite kithen products, this item can be found on Amazon for a affordable price until the stock lasts.
3.Secura 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure CookerThis pressure cooker has a six quart multifunction electric cooker, which means it has been designed to replace several other gadgets and pans in your kitchen (i.e. soup maker, food steamer, rice cooker, and sauté pan). It has several optional accessories that you can choose if you wish. For instance, you may want to purchase a steam rack or a non stick cooking pot.
- Stainless steel lid feature that has a cool-touch finish
- Energy efficient design
- Time control system
- Micro-computerized temperature settings
- Digital display
Despite the cons which I believe they aren’t that big of a deal, buying this pressure cooker might be a smart move since this is a good quality product.
4. Elite EPC-1013 Platinum Electric Pressure CookerThe Elite EPC-1013 Platinum Electric Pressure Cooker cooks food evenly, while also sealing in all of the foods’ nutrients. Family can prepare foods using a 24 hour delay timer. Great for presetting the time to cook numerous delicious meals including vegetables, chicken, and other meats.
- 8 Multifunction optionsConvenient for browning foods
- Stainless steel housing
- Removable 10qt container for easy cleanups
5. Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ 1000-Watt 6-Quart Electric Pressure CookerThis product reduces the time for preparing meals dramatically. It is an electric pressure cooker that holds up to 6 quarts. Anyone can use this cooker because it has a push button control that’s very easy to read.
- Improved packaging systems from the manufacturer to prevent damage
- Reduction in cooking times by 70%
- Push-button controls
Frequently Asked Questions
Electric vs stove top pressure cooker?
Before you buy a pressure cooker, one of the first decisions that you may need to make usually involves choosing the type, electric vs stove top. While both options are excellent choices, the final decision will normally be based on personal preference, especially because both have their pros and cons.
For instance, the electric pressure does not really require any monitoring, while the stove top will need to be watched for maximum results.
On the other hand, the stove top may make the better choice if the person is considering the time frame required to prepare a meal (i.e. stove top cooks in 11 minutes and electric pressure cooks in 14 minutes).
Is it safe to use a pressure cooker?
Safety of pressure cookers have changed dramatically over the years. This is because the 2nd generation pressure cookers have been designed with 100% safety in mind, which means they are not only designed to be not goof proof, but also reliable.
Is it hard to clean the pressure cookers?
The type of materials contained in a pressure cooker will often determine how simple or difficult it will be to clean.
For instance, some cookers can be cleaned easily by simply placing them in the dishwasher, unless otherwise noted by the manufacturer.
Benefits of using a pressure cooker
There are many great benefits to using a pressure cooker to prepare meals. According numerous resources, 5 of the top benefits include, foods retaining their nutrients, saves on energy, reduces time in preparing tasty meals, kitchen remains cooler during preparations, and less time required for clean-ups.
What are the most important features of a good pressure cooker?
There are many different features that people should look for when they are making their purchase. Even though the purchase is often made based on personal preference, the most important features are normally those that make this equipment safe.
Because pressure in this cooker builds up very quickly, they must be designed with added safety in mind. In specific, manufacturers should pay special attention to the design in their safety lids.
How to choose the best pressure cooker?
Choosing the best pressure cooker does not have to be a difficult task, especially when the person knows what features are currently being offered by the manufacturers.
Also, because everyone’s needs can be different, people should look for those that fit their specific situation.
To make this task easier, we collected the 5 most popular pressure cookers here.